Tres Leches Coffee Drink
- 2-3 Tablespoons chocolate syrup (We used Santa Cruz Organic)
- 3/4 cup freshly brewed hot Talking Crow coffee (any origin, but why not our single origin MEXICO?!) You can alternatively use two shots of espresso.
- 2 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (from the can)
- 2 Tablespoons evaporated milk (also from the can)
- 2-4 Tablespoons fresh lightly whipped cream (We used heavy whipping cream with a couple of tablespoons of sugar that we mixed with a hand mixer until it thickened.) You could probably substitute canned whipped cream if you don't want to hassle making your own.
- chocolate shavings, optional
- chocolate syrup
- the sweetened condensed milk
- the hot coffee
- the evaporated milk.
Then top with lightly whipped cream (and chocolate shavings, if desired.)
An alternative way to begin is to hold the glass at a 45 degree angle with one hand, pour the chocolate syrup near the mouth of the glass, then slowly turn the glass around so that you have chocolate syrup running down the glass from every angle. Continue as above. (You probably won't see the layers doing it this way, but you'll get a different presentation of chocolate.)
Since this feels like something you could enjoy as an after-dinner dessert drink, we recommend using our single origin specialty decaf Mexico.
Es muy bien! Enjoy!