S'mores Shaken Iced Coffee
When you think of summer - what comes to mind?
We think of carefree days. Days spent lying on a blanket and cloud-watching, beach days, kids selling lemonade on the corner, and evenings sitting around a fire-pit toasting s'mores.
What better way to celebrate summer than with a S'mores Shaken Iced Coffee?!
Here's a recipe for you. There are a few different versions. Try them all and pick your favorite to enjoy this summer.
METHOD #1 is from Pull and Pour Coffee and uses a Toasted Marshmallow Simple Syrup.
To make the Toasted Marshmallow Simple Syrup:
- In a saucepan place equal parts of sugar and water. (We usually use 1/2 of each). Bring this mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
- Arrange 1 cup mini marshmallows in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil until well toasted.
- Scrape the toasted marshmallows into the sugar/water syrup. Whisk until the marshmallows are fully melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature. Do not stir at this point to allow the syrup to separate. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve, whisk in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and small pinch of salt.
- In a large cup, combine the double shot of espresso, marshmallow simple syrup, chocolate syrup and milk. Stir to combine.
- In the bottom of your glass, place a scoop of whipped cream, add the mixed ingredients.
- Next add the ice.
- Top with more whipped cream, graham crackers, chocolate syrup, and marshmallows.
Method #2 is from Show Me the Yummy
- Pour chocolate sauce on a plate
- Pour crushed graham crackers on another plate.
- Dip the rim of your glass in the chocolate sauce, then in the graham crackers to coat the rim of the glass.
- Combine 2 shots espresso or 1/2 cup strong coffee with 1/4 - 1/3 cup marshmallow cream fluff (the stuff you buy in the jar) and stir until the fluff has almost melted.
- Pour this coffee/marshmallow mixture into your blender along with 1/2 cup of milk, 1 Tablespoon chocolate syrup.
- Blend on low until everything has been fully incorporated.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour the coffee blend over that.
- Shake until chilled.
- Fill your drinking glass with ice and strain the coffee over the ice.
- Top with whipped cream, and extra drizzle of chocolate, and graham crackers, if desired.
- Make the Toasted Marshmallow Syrup from method #1
- Coat the rim of the glass as in method #2.
- In a cocktail shaker jar mix 1-2 Tablespoons of Toasted Marshmallow Simple Syrup with 2 shots Talking Crow espresso and ice.
- Shake until chilled and frothy.
- Fill your glass half-full with ice.
- Add milk to the glass to half-full.
- Pour shaken mixture over that.
- Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup, a handful of mini marshmallows, and garnish with a graham cracker square.
We recommend using our Brazil in either decaf or regular for this espresso coffee recipe.
Enjoy this drink on a hot summer night when you'd like a treat.